Friday, August 29, 2008

Google Quick Tip #11

It's 6pm on the Friday just before the Labor Day weekend...The fog is rolling back into San Francisco after a three day "heat wave" in the City. I think longingly for the daily dose of Hawaiian sunshine that I enjoyed while living in Honolulu.

Hmmm...I wonder what the weather is like in Honolulu right now? I'd sure like to be there rather than in this thick San Francisco fog in August.

Wait a minute...let me check the weather on Google!


GOOGLE QUICK TIP #11

Type the word weather before either the name or the zip code of the location you are interested in finding.

In Google, I searched on
weather 94143 to find the weather forecast for my San Francisco neighborhood, and got this result:



Then I searched on
weather honolulu to find the weather forecast for Honolulu, Hawaii:



Wow! Suddenly I don't feel so bad. For the next four days at least, I'll be enjoying more dry and sunny weather than folks in Honolulu. But Hawaiians don't have it so bad. With the rain always come rainbows when the sun breaks through.

No comments: